St. Ann’s Warehouse has a small staff with great ambitions, and we rely on assistance from a team of talented, dedicated volunteers and interns.
St. Ann’s Warehouse, the award-winning presenter of international and American avant-garde theater and live concerts, seeks a full-time, highly motivated individual to become an integral part of a small staff with great ambitions. The Director of Marketing works as a key team member with the Artistic Director, Executive Director, General Manager, Box Office Manager, Director of External Affairs, and Director of Individual Giving, as well as an external graphic design team (Flyleaf Creative, Inc.) and publicist (Blake Zidell & Associates), to oversee all programming and institutional marketing. Responsible for reaching earned income goals, the Director of Marketing promotes and strategically reinforces the unifying of St. Ann’s image, its mission and programs in pursuit and retention of new and diverse audiences, press, members, and donors. Experience with dynamic pricing and with multiple media outlets are crucial to meeting these goals. Institutional marketing and reinforcing the organization’s profile are more important than ever as St. Ann’s moves into its first permanent home in Brooklyn Bridge Park next Fall.
– Strategizing, creating, managing, and executing targeted marketing campaigns for all programs and events and ongoing institutional marketing;
– Creating and tracking marketing budgets and schedules;
Setting ticket prices for all shows prior to the start of the season. Re-evaluating and implementing dynamic pricing throughout the year a must;
– Working closely with Artistic Director and senior staff team to assess risk on potential projects;
– Analyzing and reporting past and present sales figures, statistics, and patterns, and overseeing ticket inventory;
– Writing copy for brochures, postcards, advertisements, and highly personalized letter e-mail blasts; coordinating Artistic Director, Executive Director and other team member participation and approvals, as well as partner organizations, to meet deadlines;
– Coordinating and project managing the design, printing, and mailing/placements of brochures, postcards, posters, and advertisements;
– Working closely with Artistic Director and Flyleaf on design and copy development;
– Coordinating ad placement and media buys with various advertisers as well as developing and maintaining relationships with media outlets;
– Maintaining, managing, and updating the organization’s website with Flyleaf;
– Working with Marketing and Membership Associate, Development staff, and Box Office personnel on customer relations, including overseeing St. Ann’s Membership program acquisition and renewal campaigns;
– Working with Development staff on cultivating corporate sponsorships and developing innovative cross-promotion opportunities;
– Creating St. Ann’s show programs
– Supervising Marketing and Membership Associate;
– 3-4 years training and experience in Marketing and related work;
– Excellent organizational, administrative and computer skills;
– Strong oral and written communications skills, including experience in producing publications and copy editing;
– Graphic design experience a plus;
– Knowledge of New York and national arts and cultural community;
– Ability to work independently and as part of both an artistic and institutional team;
– Ability to manage several tasks simultaneously and to meet multiple deadlines;
– Knowledge of MS Word and Excel required, knowledge of Raisers Edge database and OvationTix ticketing system a big plus;
– Background in Photoshop, and InDesign preferred
DOWNLOAD Job Description (PDF) >>
At this time, we do not anticipate needing volunteer ushers for the remainder of the 2014-15 season.
Interns who work with the Production Management staff will receive hands-on experience in carpentry, rigging, lighting and sound engineering, with a focus on execution and design. Interns also have the opportunity to work as members of the production crew and house staff. Hours will vary with the production schedule.
Interns are needed to assist St. Ann’s busy office with producing and promoting international and multi-disciplinary presentations. Administrative interns will work closely with marketing and development staff and assist with general office work as needed. Duties will be focused primarily on marketing, distribution, and database maintenance using Raiser’s Edge, a leading non-profit development software. Computer proficiency is a must. Interns may also assist with audience services and gala opening night events.
Interns assist in the promotion of St. Ann’s Warehouse events and performances. Duties include production and distribution of promotional materials, mailing list and website maintenance. Computer proficiency is a must.
Like all not-for-profit organizations, St. Ann’s Warehouse is dependent upon financial support from a wide variety of foundations, corporations and individuals. Intern duties include research, grant-writing, special events, and donor database maintenance. Applicants should have excellent writing skills and be computer proficient.