St. Ann’s Warehouse has a small staff with great ambitions, and we rely on assistance from a team of talented, dedicated volunteers and interns.
St. Ann’s Warehouse, the award-winning presenter of world-class international and American avant-garde theater and live concerts, seeks a full time, highly motivated individual to join an integral part of a small team with great ambitions. The Marketing Associate will promote and strategically reinforce a unifying image of the organization, its mission, and programs, reporting to the Marketing Director and working closely with the Artistic Director, Executive Director, and Director of Individual Giving, and graphic designers to support production and institutional marketing in pursuit and retention of audiences, press, members, and donors.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Assisting the Marketing Director to implement production and institutional marketing budgets and plans, including the creation and distribution of printed materials, mailings, media placement, online campaigns, videos, ticket subsidies, cross-promotions, and sales reports;
• Coordinating project schedules, deadlines, drafts, and edits with St. Ann’s graphic designers, press representatives, vendors and account representatives, and eliciting approvals from staff at St. Ann’s and partner presenting organizations;
• Engaging and communicating with the St. Ann’s community, audiences, fans, and potential fans via Social Media platforms, adapting the St. Ann’s Warehouse “voice” and style for ongoing outreach and presence;
• Managing customer lists and communications, maintaining mailing and email lists and list exchanges with other organizations; scheduling and interfacing with printers and mail houses;
• Managing local and citywide distribution of printed materials as needed;
• Maintaining and updating institutional website regularly;
• Designing graphics for various internal department needs, including Development invitations and show programs, and providing marketing materials for executive, artistic, development staff and PR consultants;
• Maintaining marketing department ledgers and archives;
• Developing outreach initiatives to engage new audiences in Brooklyn Bridge Park, among Brooklyn Navy Yard tech companies, and from surrounding neighborhoods;
Minimum 2-3 years training and experience in marketing for the performing arts and related work.
• Knowledge of New York City, national and international performing arts and cultural field a plus.
• Strong oral and written communications skills, including copyediting.
• Excellent organizational, administrative, and computer skills.
• Experience in Adobe Design Suite required.
• Experience in institutional social media marketing required.
• Customer service experience and graceful interpersonal skills.
• Ability to work independently and strong sense of self-motivation.
• Ability to collaborate and work as part of a team.
• Ability to manage several tasks simultaneously, to meet multiple deadlines, and to plan ahead.
• Knowledge of MS Word, and Excel; knowledge of OvationTix, WordPress, MailChimp preferred, and video editing a plus.
• A great sense of humor.
DOWNLOAD JOB DESCRIPTION (PDF) >>
At this time, we do not anticipate needing volunteer ushers for the remainder of the 2015-16 season.
Interns who work with the Production Management staff will receive hands-on experience in carpentry, rigging, lighting and sound engineering, with a focus on execution and design. Interns also have the opportunity to work as members of the production crew and house staff. Hours will vary with the production schedule.
Interns are needed to assist St. Ann’s busy office with producing and promoting international and multi-disciplinary presentations. Administrative interns will work closely with marketing and development staff and assist with general office work as needed. Duties will be focused primarily on marketing, distribution, and database maintenance using Raiser’s Edge, a leading non-profit development software. Computer proficiency is a must. Interns may also assist with audience services and gala opening night events.
Interns assist in the promotion of St. Ann’s Warehouse events and performances. Duties include production and distribution of promotional materials, mailing list and website maintenance. Computer proficiency is a must.
Like all not-for-profit organizations, St. Ann’s Warehouse is dependent upon financial support from a wide variety of foundations, corporations and individuals. Intern duties include research, grant-writing, special events, and donor database maintenance. Applicants should have excellent writing skills and be computer proficient.