St. Ann's Warehouse has a small staff with great ambitions, and we rely on
assistance from a team of talented, dedicated volunteers and interns.
FINANCE & OPERATIONS ASSISTANT
Download Job Description>>
St. Ann’s Warehouse, the award-winning presenter of international and American avant-garde theater and live concerts, seeks a full time, highly motivated individual to become an integral part of a small staff with great ambitions. The Finance & Operations Assistant will work with the Director of Finance to ensure the smooth internal operations of the organization through, among other things, maintenance of accounting systems, office infrastructure, information systems, and reporting.
Specific Responsibilities include:
• Assisting Director of Finance in maintaining financial files, preparing for annual audit, managing petty cash and preparing financial reports.
• Entering and maintaining A/P in Peachtree accounting system.
• Creating and distributing daily income reports based on credit card deposits and checks received.
• Creating and entering credit card deposits from OvationTix and Authorize.net into Peachtree accounting system.
• Responsible for closing out Box Office income in Peachtree following the close of productions and working with the Box Office Manager to reconcile any discrepancies.
• Responsible for coordination, entry, and reporting of Membership, Inside Circle donors, and Capital Campaign gifts, as appropriate, in Raisers’ Edge, Peachtree, and OvationTix.
• Responsible for maintaining data accuracy across organization’s systems.
• Assisting Director of Finance in administration and coordination of 29 Jay concessions and bar, including regular vendor reconciliations, order intake, and bank reconciliations.
• Managing office systems including phones, copiers, printers, and fax; as well as providing assistance to the Production Office in management of their office systems.
• Acting as point person for the management of Information Systems for both office and Production Office. Troubleshooting technical issues and liaising with outside technical and IT support.
• Providing support to Director of Finance in managing and growing all service and banking relationships.
• Maintaining general office environment, storage units, and ordering office supplies.
• Supervising, scheduling, and coordinating office cleaning staff.
Applicants should have:
• Minimum 1-2 years training and experience in administration, operations, or finance in a cultural non-profit.
• Excellent organizational, administrative, and computer skills.
• Strong oral and written communications skills.
• Extraordinary attention to detail.
• Ability to work independently and strong sense of self-motivation.
• Ability to collaborate and work as part of a team.
• Ability to manage several tasks simultaneously, to meet multiple deadlines, and to plan ahead.
• Knowledge of Mac OS, Windows 7, MS Word and Excel required; knowledge of OvationTix, Peacthree/Sage 50 accounting, and Raiser’s Edge a plus.
• Ability to work in an open, fast-paced office.
• A great sense of humor.
Immediately. Competitive salary is commensurate with experience and includes benefits. Please e-mail cover letter, resume, and references to Abby Marcus, Director of Finance at firstname.lastname@example.org
. Please no phone calls.
St. Ann’s Warehouse is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Resumes will be accepted until the position is filled.
At this time, we do not anticipate needing volunteer ushers for the remainder of the 2013-14 season.
Please sign up here to be added to the volunteer usher contact list. We will reach out to you if and when we are ready to schedule volunteers.
School credit is available for internships
with a minimum commitment of 8 hours per week over one semester. To apply, please
fax or e-mail your resume and cover letter to Erik Wallin
Interns who work with the Production Management staff will receive hands-on
experience in carpentry, rigging, lighting and sound engineering, with a focus
on execution and design. Interns also have the opportunity to work as members
of the production crew and house staff. Hours will vary with the production
Interns are needed to assist St.
Ann’s busy office with producing and promoting international
and multi-disciplinary presentations. Administrative interns will work closely
with marketing and development staff and assist with general office work as
needed. Duties will be focused primarily on marketing, distribution, and
database maintenance using Raiser’s Edge, a leading non-profit development
software. Computer proficiency is a must. Interns may also assist with audience services and gala opening night
Interns assist in the promotion of St. Ann's Warehouse events and
performances. Duties include production and distribution of promotional
materials, mailing list and website maintenance. Computer proficiency is a
Like all not-for-profit organizations, St. Ann's Warehouse is dependent
upon financial support from a wide variety of foundations, corporations and
individuals. Intern duties include research, grant-writing, special events, and donor database maintenance. Applicants should have excellent writing skills and
be computer proficient.