St. Ann's Warehouse has a small staff with great ambitions, and we rely on
assistance from a team of talented, dedicated volunteers and interns.
We are currently hiring for two full time positions. Please click the links for full descriptions.
MARKETING & MEMBERSHIP ASSOCIATE
≠St. Annís Warehouse, the award-winning presenter of world-class int≠ernational and American avant-garde theater and live concerts, seeks a full time, highly motivated individual to become an integral part of a small staff with great ambitions. The Marketing & Membership Associate will promote and strategically reinforce a unifying image of the organization, its mission, and programs, reporting to the Marketing Director and working closely with the Director of Individual Giving, Artistic Director, and Executive Director to support production and institutional marketing and all programs in pursuit and retention of audiences, press, members, and donors.
Specific Responsibilities include:
- Assisting the Marketing Director to implement production and institutional marketing plans, including the creation and distribution of printed materials, mailings, media placement, online campaigns, videos, ticket subsidies, cross-promotions, and sales reports.
- Coordinating project schedules, deadlines, drafts, and edits with graphic designers, press representatives, vendors and account representatives, and marketing staff at St. Annís and other organizations; and organizing special orders and seating with the box office.
- Administering a growing Membership program, including managing Member communications, ticket orders, cultivation, and services; proposing, designing, and implementing renewal and acquisition campaigns; analyzing and reporting results; and interfacing with development and finance departments to maintain database and accounting records. This is a growing area of audience and donor development that has great income potential and possibilities as St. Annís plans for its relocation to a new cultural center on the Brooklyn Waterfront.
- Coordinating all aspects of group sales and cultivating new groups through grassroots outreach.
- Engaging and communicating with St. Annís community, audiences, fans, and potential fans via social media; establishing a voice and style for social media platforms and managing St. Annís ongoing outreach and presence.
- Managing customer lists and communications.
- Maintaining marketing department ledgers and archives.
- Designing Opening Night and various Development Department special event invitations.
Applicants should have:
- Minimum 2-3 years training and experience in marketing for the performing arts and related work.
- Knowledge of New York, national and international performing arts and cultural community.
- Excellent organizational, administrative, and computer skills.
- Customer service experience and graceful interpersonal skills.
- Strong oral and written communications skills, including copy editing
- Ability to work independently and strong sense of self-motivation.
- Ability to collaborate and work as part of a team.
- Ability to manage several tasks simultaneously, to meet multiple deadlines, and to plan ahead.
- Knowledge of MS Word and Excel required; knowledge of OvationTix, Adobe Design Suite, WYSIWYG web editors, MailChimp, and video editing a plus.
Start date: Immediately. Competitive salary is commensurate with experience and includes excellent benefits. Please e-mail cover letter, resume, references, and salary history for past three jobs to Emily Kent, Marketing Director at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please no phone calls.
St. Annís Warehouse is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Resumes will be accepted until the position is filled.
St. Annís Warehouse, the award winning 14,000 square foot, multi-use performance space in DUMBO Brooklyn, and presenter of world class live concerts and theater from the American avant-garde and abroad, seeks a highly motivated individual to join its production staff in a full-time, year-round position. An integral part of the production team, the Technical Director works with the Production Manager, Assistant Technical Director, Company Manager, and freelance crew to support artists, maintain high production values and ensure a safe, efficient and fun work environment. The Technical Director must be extremely detail oriented with superior technical, organizational and leadership skills. The Technical Director reports to the Production Manager.
Specific Responsibilities include, but are not limited, to:
- Supervising load ins, load outs, technical and dress rehearsals, and preview performances ; special events and show calls as needed (including nights and weekends);
- Planning, scheduling and managing freelance crew; preparing crew payroll and tracking labor costs;
- Communicating with designers to implement their designs and adapt their needs to St. Annís theater space; draft technical drawings as needed;
- Supervising the Assistant Technical Director
- Ensuring that all physical spaces and systems are clean, orderly and well maintained at all times; supervising maintenance staff;
- Maintaining the highest safety standards on and off stage;
- Maintaining hardware and production consumables inventories
- Assisting in planning and implementation of production budgeting;
- Developing and maintaining storage solutions and systems;
- Addressing emergency maintenance issues as they arise;
- Coordinating equipment rentals as needed;
- Creating and maintaining relationships with vendors;
- Assisting other members of the department as needed;
- Assisting other departments with general theater/building maintenance as needed;
- Being an active participant in planning the relocation of St. Annís to its permanent home in Brooklyn Bridge Park in 2015: includes outfitting, system testing, moving, and establishing production operation needs and procedures.
Applicants should have:
- Minimum of 5 years professional experience in technical theater; proven experience working with international companies a plus.
- A broad working knowledge of all aspects of technical design and production;
- Knowledge of rigging (manual and motorized), basic stage engineering, scenic construction, stage carpentry and welding;
- A working knowledge of video and sound design and equipment; ideally includes a knowledge of Yamaha digital sound consoles.
- A working knowledge of lighting systems and equipment, including ETC lighting consoles.
- The ability to troubleshoot and stay cool under pressure;
- The ability to collaborate, lead, and work unsupervised as needed and to make important decisions, acting as the final authority in the theater when needed;
- The ability to complete projects in a timely fashion
- A strong knowledge of VectorWorks 2011 or above, MS Office and Mac OS; working knowledge of Q-Lab and similar systems a plus
- Strong communication, negotiation and problem solving skills;
- Strong leadership, interpersonal and organization skills;
- The ability to lift up to 50 pounds and a comfort working at height off lifts and ladders
- Valid Driverís License
- A great sense of humor.
Start date: ASAP. Salary commensurate with experience and includes medical and dental care after three months. Please e-mail cover letter, resume and 3 professional references to Owen Hughes, Production Manager, at email@example.com. No phone calls, please. St. Annís Warehouse is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
At this time, we do not anticipate needing volunteer ushers for the remainder of the 2013-14 season.
Please sign up here to be added to the volunteer usher contact list. We will reach out to you if and when we are ready to schedule volunteers.
School credit is available for internships
with a minimum commitment of 8 hours per week over one semester. To apply, please
fax or e-mail your resume and cover letter to Erik Wallin
Interns who work with the Production Management staff will receive hands-on
experience in carpentry, rigging, lighting and sound engineering, with a focus
on execution and design. Interns also have the opportunity to work as members
of the production crew and house staff. Hours will vary with the production
Interns are needed to assist St.
Annís busy office with producing and promoting international
and multi-disciplinary presentations. Administrative interns will work closely
with marketing and development staff and assist with general office work as
needed. Duties will be focused primarily on marketing, distribution, and
database maintenance using Raiserís Edge, a leading non-profit development
software. Computer proficiency is a must. Interns may also assist with audience services and gala opening night
Interns assist in the promotion of St. Ann's Warehouse events and
performances. Duties include production and distribution of promotional
materials, mailing list and website maintenance. Computer proficiency is a
Like all not-for-profit organizations, St. Ann's Warehouse is dependent
upon financial support from a wide variety of foundations, corporations and
individuals. Intern duties include research, grant-writing, special events, and donor database maintenance. Applicants should have excellent writing skills and
be computer proficient.