St. Ann’s Warehouse fills a vital niche on New York City’s cultural landscape as an artistic home for the American avant-garde, international companies of distinction, and highly talented emerging artists ready to work on a grand scale. Over 36 years, St. Ann’s has evolved into a world-class presenter where artists come to make work in an open, flexible space that can be reconfigured to meet their needs. By virtue of the many partnerships and huge talent St. Ann’s has nurtured, outstanding artists and productions have been introduced on American soil, where they have had major impact on the field here and abroad. In October 2015, we opened our permanent home in a former Tobacco Warehouse in Brooklyn Bridge Park. The new St. Ann’s Warehouse is a 25,000 square foot site within an historic brick shell, housing two flexible performance spaces: The 10,000 sq ft Joseph S. and Diane H. Steinberg Theater and a 1,000 sq ft Studio for smaller scale productions, rehearsals and community gatherings. The complex also holds an open-air public garden (The Max Family Garden), administrative offices, and a welcoming lobby.
We are seeking an enthusiastic, highly-organized candidate who is also a detail-oriented individual with exceptional skills in customer service and donor relations to manage special events for an acclaimed performing arts organization and an ongoing individual membership program. The Manager reports to the Director of Development and supports the entire development team.
– Manage all event project elements within timelines and budget;
– Engage in regular communication and act as liaison with vendors, external stakeholders, and institutional partners;
– Conduct market research and gather pertinent information regarding venues, catering, logistics, vendors, etc.;
– Critically evaluate events and outcomes to improve services and event quality;
– Collaborate effectively with team members in the development department and across the organization to accomplish event goals;
– Take a proactive approach in handling issues and troubleshooting emerging problems;
– Manage the execution of Opening Night parties (approx. 5-7 per season for 300-400 people) including RSVPs, catering, rentals;
– Coordinate all Circle/Member events throughout the season, organizing venues, catering, menu, RSVPs;
– Execute Major Donor events in collaboration with the Director of Development/General Management and production teams;
– Work with Development/Marketing/Special Events staffs of presenting and producing partners to assure smooth event management across the board.
Provide comprehensive financial reports and event status, budget, expenses, timelines, etc. to the Director of Development on Membership (to Artistic Director & Finance Director as needed)
– With Artistic Director, Director of Development and General Management team, manage the planning and implementation of St. Ann’s annual Gala, currently for over 500 people, coordinating such areas as the catering, décor, research, guest tracking, vendor research, rentals;
– Ensure with Production and Facilities staff that all aspects of the Gala are operating smoothly and troubleshoot potential issues and problems;
– Help coordinate seating of all Gala tables and Gala ticket-buyers/guests in collaboration with Director of Development & Artistic Director;
– Organize staff meetings of all departments prior to events and Gala, providing a detailed schedule, job assignments, and budgets;
– Update and track the timelines leading up to events and oversee day of timeline;
– Keep excellent records of all aspects of the Gala and events for future planning;
– Manage the individual membership program ($75 – $1,500), including solicitation, renewal, stewardship and benefit fulfillment;
– With Director of Development, help coordinate Circle member tickets, benefit fulfillment, and targeted events;
– Assist Director of Development in developing ideas for printed solicitation materials and support Marketing team on Season announcements, invitations to Special Events, and Gala materials;
– Identify existing donors in the membership program and new prospects to cultivate for the Circle programs;
– Provide comprehensive financial reports and exports from fundraising and ticketing databases to the Director of Development on Membership (to Artistic Director & Finance Director as needed);
– Conduct prospect research for new and existing donors to identify for upgrading or acquisition of potential mid-level or major donors;
– With Director of Development and in coordination with Marketing team, plan and execute annual appeals (both mailed and digital), including end of year solicitation and strategic campaigns surrounding seasonal or project-specific initiatives;
– Work in collaboration with Database Manager to create & manage events in database, help manage and update accurate and up to date invite lists, solicitation and cultivation lists, execute membership and constituent updates in database system(s), etc.;
– With Director of Development, help create and launch future young professionals group.
– 3-5 years of experience in events/development or similar expertise are preferred;
– Excellent organizational, administrative and computer skills;
– Strong and effective oral and written communication skills;
– Outstanding customer service;
– Proficient in navigating multiple logistics and tasks while maintaining a calm demeanor;
– Adept at working well under pressure;
– Capability to meet ongoing multiple deadlines;
– A good sense of humor;
– Ability to work independently;
– Ability to work within a team and across departments;
– Knowledge of Raisers Edge and OvationTix or similar CRM/ticketing system a plus;
– Knowledge of New York City arts/cultural and philanthropic communities.
START DATE & APPLICATION PROCESS:
St. Ann’s Warehouse, the award-winning presenter of international and American avant-garde theater and live music, seeks a full-time, highly motivated individual to become an integral part of a small staff with great ambitions. The Director of Marketing works as a key senior staff team member with the Artistic Director, General Manager, Directors of Development, External Affairs and Box Office management as well as an external graphic designers and publicist, to oversee all programming and institutional marketing. Responsible for reaching earned income goals, the Director of Marketing promotes and strategically reinforces the unifying of St. Ann’s image, its mission and programs in pursuit and retention of new and diverse audiences, press, members, and donors. Experience with dynamic pricing and with multiple media outlets are crucial to meeting these goals. Institutional marketing and reinforcing the organization’s profile are more important than ever as St. Ann’s celebrates its 40th Anniversary Season.
• Strategizing, creating, managing, and executing targeted marketing campaigns for all programs and events and ongoing institutional marketing;
• Supervising and managing Marketing Associate, St. Ann’s contracted graphic design, digital ad and PR consultants, as well as marketing and PR teams of partner organizations;
• Creating and tracking marketing budgets and schedules;
• Setting ticket prices for all shows prior to the start of the season. Re-evaluating and implementing dynamic pricing throughout the year a must;
• Working closely with Artistic Director and senior staff team to assess risk on potential projects;
• Analyzing and reporting past and present sales figures, statistics, and patterns, and overseeing ticket inventory; reporting such analyses at Board meetings;
• Writing or overseeing copy for printed pieces, advertisements, and highly personalized letter e-mail blasts; coordinating Artistic Director and other team member participation and approvals, as well as partner organizations, to meet deadlines;
• Coordinating and project managing the design, printing, and mailing/distribution strategy of brochures, postcards, posters, and advertisements;
• Working closely with Artistic Director and graphic designers on design and copy development;
• Coordinating ad placement and media buys with various advertisers as well as developing and maintaining professional relationships with media outlet representatives;
• Maintaining, managing, and updating the organization’s website with graphic designers and Marketing Associate;
• Working with Marketing Associate, Artistic Associate, Development staff, and Box Office personnel on customer relations, including overseeing St. Ann’s Membership program acquisition and renewal campaigns;
• Working with General Management and Development staff on cultivating corporate sponsorships and cultivating innovative cross-promotion opportunities;
• Leading the migration and launch of a new ticketing and email marketing system
• 3-4 years training and experience in Marketing and related work;
• Excellent organizational, administrative and computer skills;
• Strong oral and written communications skills, including experience in producing publications and copy editing;
• A good sense of humor;
• Experience and track record of selling tickets;
• Graphic design experience a plus;
• Knowledge of New York and national arts and cultural community;
• Ability to work independently and as part of both an artistic and institutional team;
• Ability to manage several tasks simultaneously and to meet multiple deadlines;
• Knowledge of Google Suite, MS Word and Excel required, knowledge of Raisers Edge database, OvationTix ticketing system a big plus;
• Background in Photoshop, and InDesign preferred
St. Ann’s Warehouse is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
St. Ann’s Warehouse fills a vital niche on New York City’s cultural landscape as an artistic home for the American avant-garde, international companies of distinction, and highly talented emerging artists ready to work on a grand scale. Founded in 1980, St. Ann’s has evolved into a world-class artistic home where artists come to make work in an open, flexible space that can be reconfigured specifically to meet their needs. St Ann’s, having completed a new theater in the heart of Brooklyn Bridge Park, has a spectacular line-up of acclaimed international productions – and is looking for Front-of-House staff!
The Front-of-House staff ensures that all of our guests receive the highest level of customer service at all performances and events at St. Ann’s Warehouse. We are seeking a friendly and outgoing personality to assist St. Ann’s with its day to day operations during performances.
This position requires availability on nights and weekends, as well as some holidays as needed.
First-Aid and Fireguard (F-03)certification highly preferred. Knowledge of SquareUp a plus.
Please no phone calls.
St. Ann’s Warehouse is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Resumes will be accepted until the position is filled.