St. Ann’s Warehouse fills a vital niche on New York City’s cultural landscape as an artistic home for the American avant-garde, international companies of distinction, and highly talented emerging artists ready to work on a grand scale. Over 36 years, St. Ann’s has evolved into a world-class presenter where artists come to make work in an open, flexible space that can be reconfigured to meet their needs. By virtue of the many partnerships and huge talent St. Ann’s has nurtured, outstanding artists and productions have been introduced on American soil, where they have had major impact on the field here and abroad. In October 2015, we opened our permanent home in a former Tobacco Warehouse in Brooklyn Bridge Park. The new St. Ann’s Warehouse is a 25,000 square foot site within an historic brick shell, housing two flexible performance spaces: The 10,000 sq ft Joseph S. and Diane H. Steinberg Theater and a 1,000 sq ft Studio for smaller scale productions, rehearsals and community gatherings. The complex also holds an open-air public garden (The Max Family Garden), administrative offices, and a welcoming lobby.
St. Ann’s Warehouse, the award-winning presenter of international and American avant-garde theater and live music, seeks a full-time, highly motivated individual to become an integral part of a small staff with great ambitions. The Director of Marketing works as a key senior staff team member with the Artistic Director, General Manager, Directors of Development, External Affairs and Box Office management as well as an external graphic designers and publicist, to oversee all programming and institutional marketing. Responsible for reaching earned income goals, the Director of Marketing promotes and strategically reinforces the unifying of St. Ann’s image, its mission and programs in pursuit and retention of new and diverse audiences, press, members, and donors. Experience with dynamic pricing and with multiple media outlets are crucial to meeting these goals. Institutional marketing and reinforcing the organization’s profile are more important than ever as St. Ann’s celebrates its 40th Anniversary Season.
• Strategizing, creating, managing, and executing targeted marketing campaigns for all programs and events and ongoing institutional marketing;
• Supervising and managing Marketing Associate, St. Ann’s contracted graphic design, digital ad and PR consultants, as well as marketing and PR teams of partner organizations;
• Creating and tracking marketing budgets and schedules;
• Setting ticket prices for all shows prior to the start of the season. Re-evaluating and implementing dynamic pricing throughout the year a must;
• Working closely with Artistic Director and senior staff team to assess risk on potential projects;
• Analyzing and reporting past and present sales figures, statistics, and patterns, and overseeing ticket inventory; reporting such analyses at Board meetings;
• Writing or overseeing copy for printed pieces, advertisements, and highly personalized letter e-mail blasts; coordinating Artistic Director and other team member participation and approvals, as well as partner organizations, to meet deadlines;
• Coordinating and project managing the design, printing, and mailing/distribution strategy of brochures, postcards, posters, and advertisements;
• Working closely with Artistic Director and graphic designers on design and copy development;
• Coordinating ad placement and media buys with various advertisers as well as developing and maintaining professional relationships with media outlet representatives;
• Maintaining, managing, and updating the organization’s website with graphic designers and Marketing Associate;
• Working with Marketing Associate, Artistic Associate, Development staff, and Box Office personnel on customer relations, including overseeing St. Ann’s Membership program acquisition and renewal campaigns;
• Working with General Management and Development staff on cultivating corporate sponsorships and cultivating innovative cross-promotion opportunities;
• Leading the migration and launch of a new ticketing and email marketing system
• 3-4 years training and experience in Marketing and related work;
• Excellent organizational, administrative and computer skills;
• Strong oral and written communications skills, including experience in producing publications and copy editing;
• A good sense of humor;
• Experience and track record of selling tickets;
• Graphic design experience a plus;
• Knowledge of New York and national arts and cultural community;
• Ability to work independently and as part of both an artistic and institutional team;
• Ability to manage several tasks simultaneously and to meet multiple deadlines;
• Knowledge of Google Suite, MS Word and Excel required, knowledge of Raisers Edge database, OvationTix ticketing system a big plus;
• Background in Photoshop, and InDesign preferred
St. Ann’s Warehouse is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
St. Ann’s Warehouse, the award-winning presenter of international and American avant-garde theater and live music, seeks a full-time, highly motivated individual to become an integral part of a small staff with great ambitions. The Associate General Manager is a vital member of the programming and producing team, who works closely with the Artistic Director, General Manager and Director of Production & Operations to support the productions and artistic mission of the organization by facilitating communications between policies/programming and implementation. Generally, the AGM is responsible for administering the organization’s master calendar; organizing all internal communications about the schedule; creating and administering budgets and contracts; managing a space rental program; overseeing operations of SAW’s concessionaire, and supporting the Company Manager and artists’ services. The AGM reports directly to the General Manager.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following. The Associate General Manager will:
Communications & Scheduling
Contracts & Budgets
Act as liaison with SAW Concessionaire on menu, schedule, and operations in collaboration with AD and GM.
Education & Outreach
St. Ann’s Warehouse fills a vital niche on New York City’s cultural landscape as an artistic home for the American avant-garde, international companies of distinction, and highly talented emerging artists ready to work on a grand scale. Founded in 1980, St. Ann’s has evolved into a world-class artistic home where artists come to make work in an open, flexible space that can be reconfigured specifically to meet their needs. St Ann’s, having completed a new theater in the heart of Brooklyn Bridge Park, has a spectacular line-up of acclaimed international productions – and is looking for Front-of-House staff!
The Front-of-House staff ensures that all of our guests receive the highest level of customer service at all performances and events at St. Ann’s Warehouse. We are seeking a friendly and outgoing personality to assist St. Ann’s with its day to day operations during performances.
This position requires availability on nights and weekends, as well as some holidays as needed.
First-Aid and Fireguard (F-03)certification highly preferred. Knowledge of SquareUp a plus.
St. Ann’s Warehouse is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Resumes will be accepted until the position is filled.