Arturo O’Farrill and 30 musicians from the U.S., Mexico and beyond reunite to celebrate a lush blend of jazz big-band and the 300-year old Son Jarocho sound of Mexico. Fandango At The Wall has its roots in a cross-border Fandango, or jam session, that has been performed annually on both sides of the Tijuana/San Diego border wall since 2008.
INFORMATION ABOUT THE EVENT
- This is a free public event. RSVP is not required but encouraged to receive updates.
- Please note, there are no lawn chairs of any kind or pets allowed on the Harbor View Lawn. We suggest you bring your own blankets.
- There will be no food and drinks on sale at the site, but we invite you to bring a picnic, or pick up dinner and snacks in the neighborhood on your way to the concert. No glass is allowed on the lawn.
- With both stairs and sloping pathways leading to the top of Harbor View Lawn, Pier 1 is fully accessible. Identified staff members will be stationed nearby to assist you.
- This event will take place rain or shine. If and when the decision is made to move the concert indoors to St. Ann’s Warehouse at 45 Water Street. We will make this update on this webpage and our social media pages (@stannswarehouse)
LOCATION & DIRECTIONS
Harbor View Lawn – Pier 1
Brooklyn Bridge Park, DUMBO, NY 11201
A/C to High St | 2/3 to Clark St. | F to York St
Brooklyn Bridge Park/Pier 1 – DUMBO Stop
PRAISE FOR ARTURO O’FARRILL AND THE AFRO-LATIN JAZZ ORCHESTRA
–THE NEW YORKER
–THE NEW YORK TIMES